Essential Question

ESSENTIAL QUESTION: What is the best way for a blue belt in the light weight division to have a chance in winning the Pan-American Worlds Tournament?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blog 20: Exit Interview

1.)  What is the best way for a first degree blue belt in the light weight division, to win the Pan American Tournament?

  • Doing heavy body endurance exercise to achieve maximum performance.
  • Having proper technique and controling your body to garner a submission or win.
  • Making healthy food decisions to gain maximum energy.
2.) The process I took to come up with these answers were, conducting my own experiments, conduct interviews and watch films on my topic. I also researched many things having to do with my project specifically on the tournament side of things and how to have a chance in winning. I also did mentorship, a total of 140 hours (give or take a few hours). I made sure that I put in all of my effort into every single process because I want my end product to great!

3.) The biggest problem I faced was finding research on my essential because of it being so detailed. It was hard at first. I was beginning to doubt myself but when conducting my interview, my interviewees references some sources and books written by the original Gracie's talking about how they prepared for tournaments. I also found some studies referencing how Jiu Jitsu effected the body and eventually the challengers changed their method of fighting.

4.) The two most significant sources were an article written by the National Medical Associate talking about the effects of sport jiu jitsu. Another one of my most important sources was Submission Essentials by Helio Gracie talking about how to achieve a submission and your steps to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment