Essential Question

ESSENTIAL QUESTION: What is the best way for a blue belt in the light weight division to have a chance in winning the Pan-American Worlds Tournament?

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Literal

(a)  I, James Britt, affirm that i have completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

(b)  One of the sources that helped me complete my independent component was my interviewee, Pedro Elias who is a 26 year veteran in Brazilian Jiu  Jitsu. He helped come up with my second answer along with my third answer. A book written by Helio Gracie named, "submission essential" was recommended by my mentor and that helped me understand and better explain my second answer.

(c)  In this component, I was conducted more mentorship hours.

(d)
INTERPRETIVE

  • During this time, out was around the time that my tournament came up. It was what I had been training for, the whole year for. During this time i focused on my second answer and experimenting if it was a good answer to my EQ or not. I also studied the competitive jiu jitsu way and made myself get familiar with it. I perfected my technique and enhanced my speed to keep up with my opponents. 

APPLIED
  • During this component, I came up with my second answer that might be the most important to my essential question according to an article that I read referencing to the physiological effects of jiu jitsu to the body. On march 12, I had my tournament that I prepared the whole year for. During the tournament I notices it was important that your technique was solid! that your movements were solid when trying to go for a submission! I noticed that that part of jiu jitsu was the most important thing when training for a tournament especially the Pan Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment